In South Africa only about 5% of online shoppers paid more than R10 000 on their last purchase according to the South African eCommerce report of 2018. The average transaction size is much lower than that, but have you ever wondered what the most expensive item is that you can buy online?
You might be shocked at some of the items that Ebay revealed as the most expensive items ever sold on their platform. Here is the list:
- A Gigayacht ($168 million)
- A Gulfstream II Jet ($4.9 million)
- Lunch with Warren Buffet ($2.6 million)
- The Town of Albert in Texas ($2.5 million)
- A house with a war-proof bunker ($2.1 million)
- The Town of Bridgeville in Calafornia ($1.77 million)
- Honus Wagner Baseball Card ($1.1 million)
- Ferrari Enzo ($1million)
- Shoeless Joe Jackson’s Baseball Bat ($577,610)
- Ian Usher’s “Life” ($309,292)
Cassie van Wyk is the main author of this blog and has years of experience in the field of channel marketing and e-commerce respectively. He has a passion for writing and sharing knowledge, and does a lot of research in order to bring factual information to all the blog visitors. Feel free to reach out at any time!